WTF? - A Industrial Design students rants

industrial design rantings, mediocre humor.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

During January i was staying at a cabin in Central Oregon. I go there often. I demand no clocks and no cell phones from whoever is there. (Not that there is any reception anyway)
I received a call from a "man with disabilities." He begged me to buy light bulbs from him for the rest of my life. I was interested in the way he was trying to do business so I stayed on the phone to please him. He would send a few and whenever they burned out more would be delivered to my house.
WTF?
I told him that I didn’t want to place an order now but I would look at a website of the company later. There was no website. He said if there was he wouldn’t make any money. So I started to explain to him why the whole idea was crazy from an Industrial Designers’ perspective. I explained that in the next few years companies like Philips would be unveiling the first home socket use LED lights. The man with disabilities of course was lost and told me that if I didn’t want his light bulbs in the first place I should have told him so I wouldn’t waste his "Goddamn Time." Sadly, there was no time at the cabin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home